17 augusti 2016

ON THE SPANISH BANKS


DAY 22
SPANISH BANKS

Vancouver seems to be neverending with beaches, just as the time we spend on them. I got my first real sunburn for the trip today. It'll be perfect for the crayfish party season in Sweden that is very much in full swing when we return.

It is the last whole day in Vancouver and although both me and Julia misses our boys like crazy, it feels sad to leave the rest of the family. They are a bunch of globetrotting, funloving, (extremely) goodlooking people that I spend way too little time with because of the globetrotting, but I still love them for it.
They're constant traveling just too stay in touch with each other - we have relatives on dad's side in Germany, UK, Sweden and Candada, with inlaws adding Israel, Pakistan, Denmark and Russia to the list.
It's suddenly clear why I feel this aching hole in my chest whenever I'm not on the road...




  


The mandatory fail-selfie 



Low tide. You could walk a couple of hundred meters on the banks. 




...that didn't stop people from surfing in the mud.






The silhouette of Vancouver downtown is so far one of my favorite views in the world. 









_____________________


Thanks to Victor for modeling for me without doing this sign:




which I still have no clue what it stands for, but it shows up on almost every picture Victor is in. Illuminati? Nobody but Victor knows...


______________________



We ended the day with yet another wonderful grillparty at Astrid's and when it was time to go the real cry fest started. This is our family, and while it's fantastic to get access to so much more world when we live so widely spread, it feels horrible that our smallest cousins are too young to remember us next time we meet, which will be at its earliest happening next summer.

I even started planning my own return some time in the next five years, bringing Jonathan too. There is place and there is will, but is there time and money? We'll figure something out.

So yeah, even though it's the end of this trip I do hope with all my heart that I'll be on the road again soon, and also hopefully back in Canada soon.




THE BIGGEST
KISSES POSSIBLE



Felicia

Inga kommentarer :

Skicka en kommentar