29 mars 2018

SLEEPLESS IN HUE


They hate us. We can feel it as they Tetris  around the backpacks to make room for our huge suitcases. We fidget in false embarrassment, because after all we are Swedish and we are raised never to make a fuzz, but really, no annoyed faces could ever make us go back to backpacks.  We've both tried the backbound traveling already and do not miss the odeur that bag could produce after a few weeks, nor the impossibility to keep a structure or find that specific piece of clothing. 

Hue has been a sleepy stopover, although I still have a hard time falling asleep sometimes. 
After rushing Hanoi, we've slowed down to recaps and find some kind of second wind. 



---

Since there is not much to do here, we have allowed ourselves to sleep in, have long talks with eachother and loved ones from home, go out for a run or just slowly stroll through the streets looking for something to munch on. It's been slow and more fitted for people thrice our age, but it has been perfect. 


Hanoi still haunts me, the memories popping up like bubbles makes me both stareyed and heartbroken. I thought I was going to have so much more days  to tell you about from there , but I realized that these specific memories are fairytales I want to keep to myself. I could in no words, in no ways, make justice to the feelings I felt living them. You'll have to read the stars in my eyes and imagine the rest. 




---

So in Hanoi, I fell in love with life, but in Hue, I paused life for a while, gave myself time to handle the struck of lightning that hit me with full force: 

I am finally aligned with myself. 



Being out for 9 weeks now, I start to see a different side of me. It's yet to early to put a label on this new persona that starts to take shape inside of me, but I am eager to get to know her. 


One thing that's not as silverlined is my sleeping problems - or rather falling asleep problems. My body is itching with imaginary ants making paths inside my skin, they crawl over my legs and chest and takes my breathing with them. It feels like an allergic reaction but no pill in the world would help. Instead, I stretch. I push my legs so far apart that they start to hurt and I try to catch my normal breath in the pain. Sometimes it works. Usually not. Then I take to the floor, build myself a pillow fort and convince myself that I will never fall asleep like that. That does in fact work. At least some nights.


And apparently, some days

---

Today, we are heading south(-er), to beach town Da Nang. 
Claudia can not wait another minute for the ocean now, and I start to pick up on her enthusiasm.  I have no obligations at all as long as she can lay in the sun and sand all day, so it's said. 

I have a lot of things catching up to me from home that I need to process by writing and I hope I find inspiration enough to do that while in Da Nang. 

There are many countries I haven't written a word about yet. I can't wait to show you the pictures from Disneyland, and still I haven't put up a single post about Shanghai. 
But first, I need to catch up on sun and sleep. 

See you in a couple of days. 

KISSES 

FELICIA 
& CLAUDIA


(And this little guy who I just barely kept Claudia from putting in her suitcase when left)


Inga kommentarer :

Skicka en kommentar