19 mars 2018

LIKE, - EVERYTHING! - WE DID IN SEOUL (In Pictures)


Tomorrow, it has been 8 weeks. If not 8 weeks was a long time in itself, I am also approching a milestone: In the next couple of days, I'm breaking the record for the
Longest Time I've Been Away From Home.

Maybe that's what's haunting me, subconscious thoughts about if things will be different, harder, now, when home is further away time-wise?
I've had trouble sleeping since Shanghai, been up some nights crying and tossing and turning. The other night I simply laid on the floor because I was sick and tired of pacing back and forth in the bed. I actually fell asleep there.

I miss home. I miss wine with friends on Andra Lång and morning coffee, Swedish brewed, in dad's apartment in Majorna. I miss not having to 'make-the-best-of-every-day', because I see it like this: sleeping late and doing nothing is something I can do at home, so I better see as much as possible while here. I have a habit of wanting to return everywhere just to collect the sights I missed, but this time I want to be done. I don't know when or if I'll have a new shot at going to Asia anytime soon, and it's just plain stupid not to suck in every moment.

There we were again. Making the best of the time. And of course you should. But when not sleeping and not having time enough to write, I simply don't feel as motivated at exploring as I want to feel.

Still, we have pushed. We have done stuff here I Korea, believe you me. I even present a LIST of things we've yet done here.

-Psst! See the picture fullsize by clicking right on them :) -



PHOTOSHOOTED AT BOKSAK HANUK VILLAGE


It's a cute, old street up on the hill looking out at Gyeongbokgung Palace area. 
Get in line because people are Instragramming this place like crazy. 






POP!ED IT UP AT 
M CONTEMPORARY ART MUSEUM

As starstuck as people get to see Justin or 1D, as starstuck I get when I see art by Roy Lichtenstein or Andy Warhol. Surprise surprise, this colourful persona loves Pop Art, right?


Needless to say, I was in heaven today.



(I also love it when Julia shows her Student ID so we both can get in on student discount.) 






WOOPAT IN GANGNAM 



Yes, Gangnam is not just a part of a very famous song title, the style of which Psy is singing is actually originated from this very area.
It's where the money is, Julia says as we walk down the street in the cold.
We tried to find bulgogi to check of our list of things to eat here, but withput success.

Is has not been a shortage of things to eat here, though exactly everything hasn't been that... mouth-watering...



EATEN SOMETHING STRANGE ON A STICK

It tasted like fish and smelled like China. 0/5 toasters.



STROLLED IN HONGDAE... SEVERAL TIMES



Hongdae was Jonas favorite area in Seoul, filled with cafees and boutiques. There's a vibrant vibe about it that makes it totally understandable why he loved it so much, and I think we already been here four times... 

I bought these two friends here as well.



Mike and Sulley earrings. 

Oh, speaking of... 





BOUGHT A BUTTLOAD OF DISNEYSOCKS


And I'll probably swing by any kind of underground mall or market the last day and buys twice as many more. 

Ther're about 1000 won each and there is every possible character. 
Or you know, the most popular ones. 

Guess my favorite movie?  





PET SOME ADORABLE / SCARY DOGS 



Ever told you about my biggest fear, alongside rotting in Sweden for eternity? 

Dogs. Especially big, unleased barking dogs. 

So we went to a dog café and these dogs were a litttle too excited for my taste. 

I did not die. Not completely. But I took it as my duty to photograph Julia rather than cose with the dogs myself. Just to be nice to her, of course. 





SNACKED ON ALL THE NICE STREET FOOD DELICACIES IN MYEONGDONG





Grilled cheese, chicken stewers, twist potato, fried sweetpotato bread/panncake.. these are examples of what we've tried so far but yet only a tiny percentage of what you can find here.





HAD THE BEST FIKA:
FLUFFY SHEEP + AMAZING WAFFLE



*Thanks Nature Cafe* has some really impressive dessert and some really fluffy hosts!
Situated in Hongdae/ Hongjik
Fluff away.





BOUGHT A SHIRT WITH THE BEST TEXT


...In French!
I'm a t-shirt text-SOMETHINGOTHERTHANNAZI and turn down countless of great tee's because of stupid words or meaningsless paroles.
So when I found this big white thing reading "HELLO MEN" in French I finally felt at home.

This is my third long-armed t-shirt in two weeks... Where am I planning on putting all of them?

(In Julia's bag...)





ATE KOREAN BBQ, OF COURSE!


And it was spendid. I want to go again, like, tomorrow. And the day after that. Can we?





VISITED GYEONGBOKGUNG PALACE


Apparently, this is something you should do but I didn't get the fun with it, perhaps mosylt because third time in Asia, I should have learned by now that I don't enjoy temples without a guide and usually not even then.

...Ok so there was a guided tour, in English, for free.
Did we participate?
...Eh.

So many other things on the list and
so, so little desire of actually learning something.








AFTER READING THIS, 
WHAT WOULD YOU 
PUT ON YOUR

SEOUL-LIST? 


LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS 
IN THE BOX BELOW! 



1 kommentar :