24 april 2018

SPONTANIOUS STREET PARTY // ABOUT GOODBYES


I have a plane ticket to Europe in eight days and no clue wheather or not I should use it.

A lot has happened with me the last couple of days. I've gone through so many emotions I've stopped hold on tightly in all the turns and just started let life throw me in whatever direction it pleases.

...Okay so that's not really true. I tried like a mad man to take the wheel again but it is hard when there are so much dragging me into different paths.

I've said goodbye to two of the nicest guys I've ever met. I didn't realize before then the road gives and the road takes. I thought I'd found some kind of paradise without any consekvenses.
Oh how young I was only days ago.
I'm currently in a state of trying to accept that life is like this at times. You win some and yes, you also lose some.
This text is so overflowing with clicheés now I think I filled the quota for a lifetime.


I've also faced with other kinds of goodbyes. Me and Claudia wanted to do different things with our last week before Ho Chi Minh so we split up to reunite in the south later. It was not an easy decision but Claudia needs her time on the beach and I needed to see some friends in Da Lat. We are both though girls with thick skin so I've no doubt we will be fine on our own as well.

Da Lat is the Paris of Vietnam, or so it's said. It's a small mountain town about 6 hours bus ride from Ho Chi Minh with clear air and blue sky and narrow, art nouveau-styled houses, not one building having the same colour as the others.
Also, they make a lot of wine.
Of course I had to go.



I took a 4 hour-bus from Nha Trang and found myself in the middle of a new town with no internet or even clue on where to find some so I could contact Connor and Cody. A group of backpackers were in the middle of a negotiation with the busdriver to make him drive them all the way to their hostel, and since I didn't have anywhere else to go, I jumped in on that and found myself going up in the mountains with a lot of strangers.
That's traveling at its finest I guess, but I have been traveling with at least one familiar face for twelve weeks now and being on my own made me feel surprisingly uncomfortable.


We arrived in a small house with a pool table and a long table set for family dinner.
"Wait with check in! Family dinner in five!" The woman at the desk said and since I still didn't have a clue on anything, I thought, you know, "I can eat".

The plates never stopped coming! Why have I been in Vietnam five weeks and havn't tried this before? Many hostel offer what is called "family dinner" when you sit down with people from the hostel and eat a homecooked meal, often with a choice of more then 10 dishes that just keep turning up on the table.
I was so full. I looked like I was going to have a food baby. And I kept eating because daaaamn, it was so good.

Wifi in the hostel was dead due to a blackout a couple of hours earlier so I had to sit pretty and patient until I was able to contact my friends but frankly, I was doing more than fine. I let my body start digesting the food, talked to some dutch girls and by magic, wifi was working again.
I was only about 10 minutes with car from the boys so I ordered a grab and was soon reunited with them.



We bought wine, updated eachother on how life had been since last time we saw each other and sat down by the lake to get boozed.


Okay so I really like Cody, but goooood do we find ourselves in heated discussions now and again.  None of us are very good at taking a step back and listen. Connor laughed at us when we started discussing liberalism in Sweden slash America and went off to play guitar in the background instead (which was a very wise decision).
Since both of us were drunk, I had very little patience and after trying to explain the same thing for the third time I just rose and went for a walk.

Remember how I said wine is a thing in Da Lat? Well, by then it was certainly a thing inside my body as well and as I wandered off, I found this gathering of men sitting down on the street eating and drinking Bia Saigon. They screamed cheerfully in Vietnamese so I sat down and joined them, even though the only vietnamese I knew that was of any value in this situation was Mõt Hai Ba, which is what you say when you clink and drink.
So that's what we did.
We drank and I got to taste everything they had cooking on the gas stoves and then they gave me beer and then Cody and Connor came and joined and then I really dont remember much more.



I woke up the next day in our bachelor's pad, the least hung over of the three of us. My phone was on the night stand. All my body parts was intact. It was all in all a good night.


What it's like staying in the same room as two boys... 




And writing this, I've gotten my hungover-coke, my time in a café and my daily doze of caffeine.

Kisses 

Inga kommentarer :

Skicka en kommentar