03 april 2016

LIVIN THE SUITE LIFE IN KUALA LUMPUR


Oh ramen. You come in to my heart, my mind and most importantly my belly and there you found your permanent place. I will always cherish and care for you. Until I find something else Malaysia is wickedly talented at making. Then I will probably have an affair with that as well. But don't worry. I will always love you. 






One might wonder why I'm talking to my food. First, it's because I'm a nutcase. But secondly, it's also because it was the first thing I ate that didn't made me want to throw up.


We arrived at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) yesterday, exhausted after 11 days in misery.






The day before, we had traveled to Krabi town for one last night before leaving the country, and the road hadn't been the least bit smooth. I was placed in the back of a van between a french couple (I didn't mind that though, being a language nerd and all) and a guy who was half the size as me, but took up the double amount of space (I absolutely did mind that). When still feeling nausiated, the last thing you want is a bumpy ride and an elbow pushing on your ribs.

Well well, we both survived and arrived at our temporary shelter practically unharmed. We checked out the night market, got something to eat and went to bed early to get ready for the upcoming flight the next day.


____________________________________



That morning I awoke to the sound of Jonathan's stomach in distress, to paint a pretty picture with words...

And I kind of lost it there, knowing we would be on the move all day and I still felt sick, I really needed Jonathan to rely on, and when he was crawling on the floor of the bathroom...
I had cried so much the last couple of days in selfpity, pain and disappointment, but even so I managed to squeeze out some tears in pure frustration.

We stayed in the room until check-out, trying to come up with a way to survive the day. We got nothing. So we just had to take one minute at the time and hope by some miracle that this was finally the bottom.


And we got to the airport, we got on the plane and we got off. The flight had had a clear resemblance with the van the day before, and it felt good to have solid ground under our feet. We went to the arrival hall's food court and there we had the first meal in weeks that didn't give us any side effects.



And it was Ramen, or Mee Soup as they say in Malay-English. 

And Felicia ate mee soup
and Felicia saw that mee soup was good, 
for she felt a sensation in her belly that she at first had problems with recognizing. 

Then Felicia realized:
it was her digestive system not trying to kill it self. 

And Felicia smiled,
for she had the most wonderus thought in mind;


What if things finally were getting better? 





_____________________________________



After sitting down, celebrating the fact that we felt better (one should really do that, celebrate health in general more), we took the Ekspres Line to KL Sentral, and from there took a taksi to Furama Bukit Bintang, our home for the next 4 nights.




Kuala Lumpur had already made a great first impression - tall and welcoming, a fascinating hybrid of skyscrapers and sheds with tin roof; of old traditions and new ideas side by side; of different cuisines fighting to get a place in the spotlight on th scene that is Malaysian culture. And after being helped by a woman without her trying to sell us anything (26 days in the tourist-'friendly' neighbouring country had made us suspiscous of everyone), we felt our moods brighten.




And they were about to be even sunnier, for when we checked in the receptionist told us she upgraded us to a suite. Having stayed with Furama Group before, I already knew the standard rooms were good, so imagine our happy faces when we walked in to this






and saw this outside our windows.




Actually, you don't need to try to imagine any more...




We are staying at the 17th floor and have two rooms and a desk and a sofa and sheets that feels like silk and everything was maybe, hopefully, finally going to be OK.

We just had one more task first.



_____________________________________



We arrived at th clinic at nine and sat down. Knowing this had taken hours for me, we did not look forward to spending the night there.

Ten past nine we were asked to see the doctor.
Twenty past we stood at the front desk and paid for the medication.
Half past nine we were home again.

The whole treatment cost Jonathan RM 90 ($23 USD) comparing to my 7 hour IV-drip that landed on the neat sum of 22,000 ฿($625 USD). Lucky I had insurance (!), but next time, I think I rather get sick in Kuala Lumpur from the beginning instead of being on an island just big enough to have an international hospital. 


___________________________________



That'll be it for now. 

As always, 
make us happy by leaving a comment! 




Inga kommentarer :

Skicka en kommentar