15 januari 2017

ALKEMISTEN - A Café Story



"I'm running a bit late." Victoria texted.
"And also, I'm bringing Zelda."

I took to one of the bar chairs alongside a window, a bit nervous about meeting this Zelda again. While waiting I scanned the room. 
Alkemisten was a small small oas on the Hisingen-island of Gothenburg that Victoria had wanted us to go to for a long time now, since she live nearby - or basically in Alkemisten, as she would put it. Underground artists' work framed the walls and the interior had a severe hipster-feeling to it, which I, with at least some parts of me anchored in indie-Gothenburg, really liked.
The only thing was that the room got crowded fast, since the seats were limited.
Victoria's silhouette appeared in the window.
"Sorry." She said as she put her coat on a chair. "She's a bit grumpy today."
I took a deep breath and patted Zelda on the head. No barking yet, so far so good.


"I'm gonna go for a cappuccino" Victoria decided, and adventurously enough, I went for the same. The staff seemed to know Victoria and she got a pat on the back as one of the guys just ended his shift when we went up to the counter. "Oh, and these rawballs are really good!" She added one to her order.




As a true hipster-place should, there was a lot of vegetarian, organic, vegan alternatives.
"A pack of their coffee is about 130 SEK" she said and I gasped, "but it's really the creme de la creme of coffee."
We start talking dogs, blogs and the life as a modern, climate-friendly human in these days and Victoria tells me about the big effects coffeeplantations and the chemicals they use have on the people working with it, since she's soon to be mastering in Industrial Ecology. That's why she always drink eco-friendly coffee, she says and bides me a taste of her rawball. The rich taste of coffee, cacao and something sweet is better than I expected, since I'm quite new with the whole rawfood thing. I sneak another bite when Victoria goes to get a bowl of water for Zelda.



I get left with the little beast that seems to have grow thrice its size since last I saw her. Her owner tosses me a small bag of treats and my hands are shaking when I pick them up. Zelda starts to waggle her tail and jumps up on my knee and it's almost too much to handle, but I take another deep breath and make a small line of dried chicken on the floor, with my hands still trembeling.

When Victoria returns she finds a nervous, but not as terrified, Felicia on the floor, watching Zelda vaccumclean the meatpieces of the floor, with something that could go for a smile.

We stay until closingtime and meet up with Victoria's partner, and their other dog, outside. When Lincoln and Zelda start to wrap Victoria in their leashes while loudly barking I decide I've done my fair share of cynophobia-training for today.
I find myself smiling all the way home.

___________________


SERVICE was very good. Even if it is a small space, it still feels good when somebody brings you your coffee to the table. They might also be extra nice because everybody seems to know Victoria, but I'll let that be unsaid.

THE COFFEE was not sour, but maybe not as rich as I like it. On the other hand I did drink the last Victoria's second cappuccino when she didn't wanted more...
They have great respect for their coffee and keep it ecological and tracable.


PRICES are OK, 35 SEK for a cappuccino is slightly lower than standard, so that's good. With a selection of mostly organic products, it's not unexpected that the fika-price would be a little higher for food and sweets.

EDIBLE SELECTION is not that wide, but you go here for the coffee rather than anything else.

INTERIOR has a great, artistic vibe to it, the only downfall is the amount of seats. On the other hand, the small space makes it feel intimate and like you're in someone's livingroom unlike the sterile massproduced feeling you get when you are at a coffee-chain.


___________________



INFO 


ADRESS: 

GUSTAF DALÉNSGATAN, 
14 – 417 23 GÖTEBORG

OPENING HOURS: 

TUESDAY - FRIDAY: 7 AM. - 5 PM.
SATURDAY - SUNDAY: 10 AM. - 4 PM.   

SELECTION: 

VEGO//ORGANIC//VEGAN//LACTOSE FREE ALTERNATIVES

___________________



FOR MORE INFO,

GO TO THE WEBSITE:


*

FOR QUESTIONS,

SEND AN E-MAIL TO

info@alkemistenkaffebar.se


___________________


DO YOU HAVE ANY HIPSTERISTIC COFFEEBARS TO RECOMMEND? 

LEAVE IT IN THE 
COMMENT-BOX BELOW!



Inga kommentarer :

Skicka en kommentar