23 januari 2018

THE FIRST 48 HOURS - ASIA 2018

It has been a couple of looong days. 

In less than 48 hours,  I've gone from leaving my mom at the airport to take a unexpected detour touristing in London with Jessica just two hours later;
 to stress back to the airport to sit on a plane for 10 hours and cry because I felt so alone and didn't want to sleep on a strangers shoulder, but at the same time longed for closeness possibly more than I ever done before;
to entering Sri Lanka with no idea if I'd get a Visa or not, to being stuck at the airport with the same cluelessnes in next task - getting to the hotel;
to wandering the streets of Colombo in aftermidday sun with the task to find Galle Face which was supposed to be a great place for catching the sunset;
to falling asleep at 20 pm and being waked 1 am by Jennifer having trouble to enter the room.


At Galle Face Green, great spot for watching the sunset and eat cheap food. 







Chapathi, I can definitely get used to you every day for 50 LKR (3 SEK) 

_________________

Right now, I'm just tired, confused and exhaused - classic first days in Asia-syndrome, I've realized. Everything is so different. Walking on the streets is a levels-game where the boses are screaming taxi drivers and tuktuks not giving a care in the world if they'd hit you.

I'm glad to not be alone anymore. Although I really havn't been alone for real, leaving Jessica just 24 hours ago, every impression is so massive and compressing them all down to an understandable reality is hard when you don't have anyone to refelct with,

Inga kommentarer :

Skicka en kommentar