01 mars 2018

BUYABLE BODIES IN PATTAYA



11 weeks.

11 weeks.

!!!

I’m writing from bed, hiding from the sun. The climate in Pattaya is not only hot, it’s humid, which makes you slower, sloth-y, in minutes outside. This is Julia’s last day in the sun so she can’t afford to complain if she want to come home somewhat tanned, but I have a lot of time in the part of the world left. At least 9 weeks, to be exact.


The longest I've ever been from home is 8 weeks, and now, been traveling for 6 already, I’m looking at an ocean of days left.

In days, we are leaving sunny Thailand for hightec Hongkong just for a couple of days, and then we will move on to Shanghai. With having done very little research other than for Disneyland, I don’t feel prepared at all. But that’s the motto of this trip anyway;
Things will sort themself out.

---

After 8 nights i Shanghai we are going to Seoul, Julia’s highlight of the trip. She were there last year with Jonas, her boyfriend, and being her first time in Asia, she had a great time. I look forward to her showing me around and most of all, to leading me to the many strange Seoul cafés. I especially want to meet these sheep!


After that, Julia will go back home.
”I have to. I have a William Spetz ticket for the 25th of March.”
For a show she’d already seen, but you know… Whatever floats yar boat.

But the very same day we leave eachother in Seoul, I will be meeting Claudia in Hanoi! With her being both vietnamese and one of my closest, closest friends, I can’t wait for her to show me around and share a part of her life that I’ve only yet touched with my fingertips.

If everything goes as planned, we will stay at her grandmother's in Hanoi and hopefully hang out with her cousins. After a week(?) we'll go down the coast, catch a bus from town to town and see every little nuans the country of GREAT food has to offer.  And the best part? We'll be doing this for SIX WEEKS.

It's first after this 1,5 month, come May, I have to ask myself if I'm open to the possibility to be alone for some time or if I want to return home. I don't really have to be home until first of June and maybe I should take the opportunity to stay here and challenge myself.

I don't know right now. The butterflies in my belly that usually guide me don't lean in any specific direction right now. I think they might have activated Vacay-mode as well and let time lead the way.


---

The last couple of days has been hard-ish, hard for being on vacation. I’ve caught a cold and find myself a prisoner in my own body, which is claustrophobic to say the least. I want to work out, do my daily squats by the poolside and take long walks on the beach, but no, said my body, you are going to stay inside and rest.


I blame the aircon and the sibirian winters inside the Festival Mall here. Seriously, if I know before we are going to the mall I put on jeans. JEANS. I haven’t had jeans in 6 weeks!


We stopped by the beach before going in to eat the other day. 


Pizza - also 6 weeks ago

It’s safe to say I’ve adapted. I almost don’t remember how it feels to work, to be at a specific place at a specific time – oh, wait, I actually do. It’s called moving day-anxiety.

---

Today, I woke up and my body felt better. Good enough at least. I thank my lucky star, aka my sense of logic, for not pushing it yesterday and sleeping the day through. It is the last day in Pattaya and so far, neither of us are crazy about this place. Last night I saw a thai woman in short dress follow an indian guy to the hotelroom just to leave again one hour later. The indian guy was about double her age, even if it’s hard to tell with thai looking so incredibly young, but still… I don’t think he offered her tea and biscuits.
I was having Pepsi Max cravings (aren’t I always?) last night so I went out on the street at midnight to get some. I was met with quite a scene. Women in bikinis ”wooohooo”-ing from the streets, doing the sign for ”come with me” with their index finger. 


When returning to my room, I was met by an Indian guy and a Thai woman just leaving a room. The guy led the girl to the elevator and spoke quietly and a bad feeling went down my spine like cold water.

 Women are items on sale here. Their bodies and their time has a price.
Being around buyable love all day, the men in this town have almost no shame when it comes to staring.
Julia left the pool area the other day after a guy who had been syarist at her for a good twenty minutes from his balcony decided to come down for a closer look.

I'm so used to being undressed with their hungry eyes by now I almost don't bother. Almost. It saddens me that I have to come to that, being forced to adapt to the meat market because the city is oozing unfiltered desire from every 24 hour bar.



---


Last night here, we decided to flee the scene and go for some Suitcasepacking luxury: 

Drinks with a view in 
Horizon Sky Bar at Hilton Hotel.



As an extra plus, not one single man undressed us, catcalled us or insinuated that he'd do a lot of things to us if we were alone. 

That's true luxury in this town. 



---

Hope you all are well!

Kisses
Felicia & Julia






2 kommentarer :

  1. Underbara ungar! Det låter som om ni har kommit in i semestermood. ❤️

    SvaraRadera
  2. Bara 21 dagar kvar och jag längtar ihjäl mig efter dig!!

    SvaraRadera