12 augusti 2016

KITSILANO BEACH

DAY 18
KITSILANO BEACH

The weather gods has been our friends ever since we left Sweden. I've started to forget what rain looks and feel like. Here in Vancouver, skies are always blue and water is always blue and everything but our feelings are blue. Okay mine have been a little blue. I still miss Jonathan. But today, not even his nest of blond hair and his cute smile could make me wish I was anywhere but here. 













As usual, click on the pictures to make them bigger and better 

Looking at todays catch, I realize I have to come back here. To Vancouver, to more northern parts of the country, and to the bigger cities. Canada has so much to offer. It's a friendly atmosphere but still energetic, like there is always something around waiting to be discovered. I never stop feeling good about the constant flow of sympathy everyone seem to have for each other here. If you are afraid you're in someone's way, you actually give a f**k and move, followed by an apology for possibly making the other persons life a little harder there for a while. Canadians seem to have small talk programmed in the system - from the woman saw us lost and showed us where to go without we having to ask her for help, to every new face at the family dinners really making us feel welcome and appreciated, like they really mean it.

I love to be around Canadians. They give me hope about mankind and mankindness that I've kind of lost at home.



_______________________


So yeah so far, Canada seems to confidentially say to me: 'I'm great. I'm as big, as exciting, as the States but I'm nicer. I don't have to brag about my greatness, I'm confident enough to be bigger than that. I don't constantly strive - I chill, and my people with me.'

I think Sweden and America made a baby and raised it really really good, like, gave it all the things they wish they'd been taught as children but still kept a little bit of them selves in it, the good parts, and the baby grew up and became confident and didn't have to experiment with drugs in its teens and so, and the baby was Canada.



Oh!  And the parks, the beaches, the large areas of space just chill out in the grass on... They never end. Which is, opposed to what I said in the beginning, actually quite amazing.

So Canada on the bucket list from now on. And why shouldn't it? With family and friends here, it seems stupid not to.




THE BIGGEST,
SANDY, SALTY
KISSES


Felicia


1 kommentar :