20 november 2016

SOMEWHERE IN STOCKHOLM


"I'm from a place where we never, openly show our emotions
We drown our sorrows in bottomless bottles and leave them to float in the ocean
I'm from a place where we never, separate people from people
Some generalize, but in general I still believe that we are treated as equals"

"Somewhere in Stockholm"
by Avicii


____________________________


All pictures are of course clickabe! 
Do them justice by seeing them fullsize.





















  































____________________________



A weekend in the capital, strolling the streets of Gamla Stan
and drooling over Peter Jöback, one of Sweden's top musical performers,
as the Phantom of the Opera.





Sweden is cold this time of the year and the sky is grey. At times the sky opened up for a ten minute shower and we had to run to the next store to get shelter.
We had plans to go to the Hallwylska Palace but the line was too long.
Instead we went to Mall of Scandinavia, a 25 minute subway ride from the central.
It is nice, big in Swedish measurments... but having been in both Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and recently even Vancouver, Mall of Scandinavia isn't really a place to pilgrimage to.

But the show was absolutely amazing, so to the point I already look for new tickets. And I also realize, for the twentyfourth time, that I don't tourist in my own country enough. Sweden is always boring, in my eyes, but people go here for a lot of reasons.

If you are going to Sweden, your first stop shouldn't be Stockholm, that's for sure - or maybe I'm being patriotic to my own town?
...The hell with being objective - GOTHENBURG IS STILL SWEDEN'S BEST CITY.



A thousand frozen swedish kisses, 
a lot of Dalahorses 

and some tones from Phantom of the Opera 
- in Swedish

Felicia


Inga kommentarer :

Skicka en kommentar